Now recruiting for Programme Coordinator post
Nottingham Bikeworks (NBW) is seeking to appoint someone to the pivotal role of Programme Coordinator. As a small not-for-profit organisation with a handful of staff, this role is central to our operational smooth running and future sustainability. The successful candidate can expect to gain a wide range of skills and experience across our operations and to gain opportunities to develop and grow within the organisation. They will lead on maintaining and developing the internal functioning of the organisation and support the ongoing delivery of NBW projects, teaching work and bike workshop functions. They will coordinate NBWs financial management, enabling its smooth day-to-day running and to work towards a self-sustaining future, and will support business development, income generation and proposal development, securing essential grant funding for NBW to run its core projects.
This post provides excellent opportunities for professional development and a major role in the medium and long-term development of the organisation.
To get the most out of this exciting role, the candidate will be ambitious, hardworking and able to work independently using their own initiative. They will be a natural self-starter requiring limited support from colleagues and with an ability to prioritise important and urgent tasks.
Main areas of responsibility
Working closely with the Executive Director, the successful candidate will coordinate a number of our key functions:
- Coordinating the Nottingham Bikeworks office management, supporting project delivery and the bike workshop
- Coordinating successful grants and projects, leading on partnership management with donors
- Supporting Nottingham Bikeworks business development, income generation, and proposal and project development in close collaboration with the Executive Director and teaching staff
- Undertaking regular finance tasks on Quick Books and financial planning using Excel spreadsheets
- Planning and coordinating a regular calendar of events at our premises
- Coordinating Nottingham Bikeworks communications and marketing, including our social media presence
- Coordinating HR functions, including policies and procedures
- Leading on the recruitment, induction and support of office-based volunteers and interns
How to apply
To apply please read all the details about this role in the Job Description and Person Specification, and email your full CV with references and a covering letter listing how you meet the Person Specification requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
You’re welcome to contact us for further information on the same email.
Closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 1st October. If you have not heard from us by Thursday 5th October you can assume you have been unsuccessful. Interviews will take place at our workshop in Nottingham on Thursday 12th October.
Nottingham Bikeworks is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion. We welcome applications from people with the appropriate skills from all parts of the community. Applications from female and black and minority ethnic candidates would be particularly welcome.