Basic and Intermediate bike maintenance, Women’s Courses, Wheel Building, Hydraulic brakes and shocks.
- Looking after your own bike is fun and rewarding. It saves you money and keeps you riding safe. We believe EVERYONE can learn to maintain their own bike. Our courses cover various topics and skill levels. Call us if you need advice on what’s best for you.
- Our instructors are qualified and experienced bike mechanics as well as keen cyclists who enjoy explaining things clearly and providing support while you learn to do it yourself.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Gloves and work aprons can be provided.
- We suggest you bring your own bike to work on. But if you can’t, we’ll provide one for you.
- Free refreshments are available and on a day course we’ll serve you up a delicious home-cooked vegan/vegetarian lunch.
- If you or a group of friends/colleagues want something a bit different we’re happy to discuss a customised package to suit your requirements.
We’re proud of our reputation for delivering great maintenance courses. Comments from previous clients:
“ Excellent location and facilities.”
“ Friendly and extremely knowledgeable tutors.”
“ What a fantastic and enjoyable day! Learned loads.”
“ Worth coming just for the soup!”
We also know things can always be improved, so we welcome your feedback!
How do I book a place?
Click on the link at the top of this page, select the course you want for details and to book tickets.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the courses?
Parking is possible on Ayr Street. The High School tram stop is 400m away and NCT buses (77 and 80) are on Alfreton Road.
What should I bring to the course?
Just yourself and a bike to work on.
How can I contact you with any questions?
Phone NBW on 0115 9792433 or email us at email@example.com